Are you a father or expecting to be one soon. whatever the answer is the art of fatherhood evolves. Ask a dad today and he will probably tell you that his father-daughter or father-son relationships differ widely from those he experienced with his own father.
Changes in parenting styles have given men more options for responding to obligations as fathers, husbands or partners. Todays dad is less likely to automatically rely on his own childhood experiences for fatherhood guidance. In this article we will show you tips on how to be a good father in our present generation.
An affectionate father-child relationship furthers the development of children’s personal adjustment. Loving fathers, who provide reasonable, firm guidance, without arbitrarily imposing their will, help to promote competence in children.
- Correct with Love, children needs positive guidance and discipline not as punishment. Dads should appreciate desirable behavior and remind children of the consequences of their actions.
- Don’t be too busy to spend time with your child. Spending quality time with them shows them what is important to you. children grow fast, you should never procrastinate this is the time to spend grate family time with them.
- Involve them in important topics. most often when talking about advanced and difficult topics parents tend to send the kids to the room or totally ignore them. Your Childs intelligence and ability to solve difficult issues can be enhanced from childhood just by listening and understanding difficult topics. engage them in these topics and listen to their ideas and solutions.
- You should be your Childs first teacher. To be a good father, teach your children about right and wrong and encourage them to do their best. See that your children make good choices. Involved fathers use everyday examples to help children learn the basic lessons of life.
- Bond-Through family meals. Always eat together as a family. It gives kids the chance to talk about what they are doing and want to do. It is also a good time for fathers to listen and be involved. It provides a structure for families to be together each day.
- In a world of internet & Television Instilling a love of reading is one of the best ways to ensure children will have a lifetime of literacy and personal and career growth.
- Respect your partner. When children see parents respecting each other, they are more likely to feel that they are also accepted and respected within the father-child relationship.
We know that the task is not easy but you can do it and it is a grate responsibility that can not be overemphasized. Good luck in your journey as a father we hope this article will guide you you can stay in the loop to get notified every time we post.