Buy And Sell Hand Sanitizers on Fufatrade.ng
What you need to know
A hand sanitizer is your best defense against viruses when you’re out running errands and can’t get to a sink to wash your hands. According to the CDC, the best way to stay protected is to wash your hands for 20 seconds after returning from a public place. As a general rule, you should avoid touching your nose, eyes, or mouth with unwashed hands.
If you’re already using a hand sanitizer, make sure it has at least 60% alcohol. There are some hand sanitizers that are alcohol-free, and these won’t be as effective in killing bacteria and viruses. The correct way of using a hand sanitizer is to apply it liberally to your hands and rub them together until the gel effervesces.
What You’ll Need To Make Hand Sanitizers
The main ingredient in a homemade hand sanitizer is alcohol – it is the compound responsible for killing the germs and preventing the spreading fo the disease. However, rubbing your hands with pure alcohol can make your skin very dry and irritated. To make a small batch of hand sanitizer, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2/3 cup of 99% rubbing alcohol
- 1/3 cup of aloe vera gel
- Several drops of your preferred essential oil
Additionally, you will need a few pieces of equipment that you likely already have at home: a mixing bowl and spoon, a funnel, and an empty bottle – you can use a leftover bottle from old hand sanitizers, skin care products, or liquid soap.
Ideally, the bottle for your hand sanitizer will have a pump, but even if not, a regular bottle where the product will pour from a small opening should also be completely fine.
How To Make Hand Sanitizer
Before you start making your own hand sanitizer at home, there is a very important point to note. Alcohol is highly flammable and will burn your skin should it come into direct contact with your hands. I recommend using nitrile gloves as a general precaution. Once you’re ready to get started, here’s what you need to do:
- Pour the rubbing alcohol and aloe vera gel into the bowl. As hand sanitizers need to contain at least 60% alcohol to be effective, you should ideally maintain a 2:1 ratio of rubbing alcohol to aloe vera gel. For every 4oz of rubbing alcohol you add, you should mix 2oz of aloe vera gel.
- Add essential oils to the mix if needed. You don’t necessarily need essential oils, but if you like a particular smell, you can add a few drops of oil.
- Stir the ingredients together with a spoon and pour them into plastic bottles using a funnel. Your hand sanitizer is ready to go.
How To Use Hand Sanitizer
When you prepare a big batch of hand sanitizer, your first instinct may be to use it all the time and even instead of hand soap. However, there are a few important rules to follow with using hand sanitizer if you want to minimize the possibility of getting infected:
- When your hands are very dirty and greasy – for example, if you have been recently handling food or soil – hand sanitizer may not be particularly effective. If possible, you should try washing your hands with soap or cleaning them with wet wipes before applying sanitizer.
- Apply a few drops of hand sanitizer to the palms of your hands. Rub your hands on one another for up to 30 seconds, covering every part of your hands, including the spaces between your fingers.
- If you have a sensitive task to perform – for example, before handing out food or giving medical care – the best option is to first wash your hands with high-quality soap for 20 seconds and then applying hand sanitizer. However, if you often follow that routine, your hands can become dry very quickly. That is why you may need to apply hand cream whenever possible to heal the skin on your hands.
- Hand sanitizer can also be used to disinfect certain objects – for example, the doorknobs and electric switches in your home, especially the ones you inevitably touch after coming home before properly washing your hands.
Buy and sell from home with the Fufatrade app