Buy And Sell Anything Instantly on Nigerias No1 Marketplace Fufatrade.ng
Just like how we cook Corn and Ukwa, Beans and Corn is a great combo. And those who have tried it will always prefer it to Rice and Beans. It’s a delicious fusion of stewed Beans and Sweetcorn. The popular method of preparing Adalu is simply adding Palm oil into cooked Beans and Corn or frying blended pepper in Palm oil, then adding to boiled Beans to complete the cooking process. Either way it comes out very tasty, see directions on this below
Beans & Corn (Adalu) Ingredients
- 3 cups brown beans
- 3 cups fresh corn
- 2-3 cooking spoons red palm oil
- 2 red onions
- 2 tablespoons ground crayfish
- 2 small seasoning cubes
- Peppers (to your taste)
- Salt (to your taste)
Blend the bell peppers, tomato and scotch bonnet to a smooth paste and set aside. Pick and wash your beans, get your corn ready and set aside.
Directions for making the Beans & Corn (Adalu)
- Rinse the beans a few times till the water runs clear.
- Put in a pot, pour water to cover it and start cooking on medium heat.
- After about 7 minutes, pour the beans in a sieve and rinse with cool water.
- Put back in the pot, add onions (chopped), pour water to cover it and continue cooking.
- Remove the corn kernels from the cob, rinse and put in a sieve to drain.
- Chop the peppers.
- When the beans is soft, add the corn and palm oil and continue cooking.
- After about 7 minutes, add the peppers and salt. Once it simmers again, it’s done.
Serve it as lunch or dinner.