In this article you will know what it takes and how to prepare ewedu and amala shortly.
Ingredients For Amala & Ewedu
- Yam Flour or Dried Yam Peelings
- A handful of Ewedu leaves (Jute leaves/Corchorus)
- Chilli pepper
- 2 teaspoon of mixed crayfish
- One teaspoon of Iru (fermented locust beans)
And an already prepared pot of stew.
Instructions To Cook
- You have to pick the vegetable from the stalk, wash Ewedu leaves carefully 3-4 times to get rid of sand and dirt then blend the Ewedu leaves till it liquidated.
Pour the blended Ewedu Leaves in a pot, add salt, pepper, crayfish, iru and other flavours.
- Stir firmly for 2 – 3 Minutes and set aside.
For the Amala
1. You simply pound your died Yam Peelings with mortar and pestle or get 2 cups of yam Flour.
2. Boil about 2 cups of water.
3. Once the water is boiled, pour it in a pot.
4. Slowly add the yam flour to the pot and stir firmly with a wooden stick, till it becomes smooth and firm.